Friday 28 August 2015

Reading at Mbame

As for most of us, it is the school holidays so you typically wouldn't expect the average child to come to school. In Malawi, this is not the case. Most children come to school as Phala is present. Phala is a fortified  mixture of maize, soya and sugar perfect for growing children. This meal is provided if a child attends school therefore many kids arrive for this meal, which essentially could be their only meal of the day.
After this, I engaged the children in some reading. So I selected a selection of books and sat down to read with the kids.
They enjoyed listening and engaging my terrible animal voices! But I felt a huge sense of accomplishment  in making these kids smile and happy!
Alongside this other activities I participated in whilst we were at Mbame were, checking functioning of boreholes, teaching IT, Playing and Cooking. I could write a book or two of my few days in Malawi so far it's been that amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment